Monday, June 7, 2010

The Natalie Grant Concert

Long time no see eh ?

A lot has happened since the last time I reared my pretty little blogging head !! I went and got married (more on that later!), had a spectacular honeymoon, moved 5 hours away from my hometown, and am now settling into my new life as a wife !! (hey, that rhymes !! =D)

Before we get to all that fun stuff though, I do have a few things to show ya'll.

The week before I got married, my sister and I went to a concert. People told me I was crazy because, how could I - as a DIY bride planning her own wedding - possibly take a night "off" when the big day was only 9 days away ?!

Eh, it was perfect though. I'm so glad I did. Even though I think the whole time my mind was racing with things I knew I still needed to do and excitement - it was awesome to be able to set the wedding aside and just enjoy some very good music for a while.

The concert was held at Cornerstone Ministries.

And, the opening artist was Phil Stacie !

Well, sorry kiddos but I had no idea who this guy was. Apparently he was on the 6th season of American Idol - I guess. The only full season of American Idol I've seen is the last one : the one that just finished like 2 weeks ago? So, I had no idea who he was. He was pretty good though. Not to bad - not to bad.

I do have to be honest though, I was super glad when Brit Nicole came on !!

She is like a super bundle of energy !! From the time she bounced out on stage to the time she finished, she couldn't stop moving !! And she was spectacular !!

About half way through one of her songs, she pulled a little girl out of the audience who was jumping around and dancing just like her ? And had her come up on stage to dance too !!

You could tell, it was completely unplanned and unrehearsed and that's what made it so adorable !!

She definitely made me want to go out and buy all her music :) haha

And then of course, the main event: Natalie Grant !!

Wow, she was absolutely incredible !! I could have sat and listened to her sing and tell stories all night.

She was so dramatic and a terrific performer !! And, she was so personable !! haha How you tell all that from sitting in a balcony seat at a concert, I'm not sure - but her stage presence was amazing.



The lighting was fantastic. SOO much fun to play around with trying to capture !! I think this is my favorite that I got all night =D


Anndd - the show was so awesome and the audience cheered so long and loud - they came out to do an encore - YES ! haha

COMiNG SOON !!
I want to tell you all ALL about the wedding !! Show you how much fun we had and what a great day it was - then I have tons of photos and stories to tell from our cruise to Bermuda !! Anndd - I have lots more too :) haha

2 comments:

  1. These are so amazing!!

    I also hadn't realized that you last blog was SO long ago... Dang.

    I guess you were busy with other stuff...

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh now i see the font change! haha! nice :) and thanks for talking me :) it was alot of fun <3

    ReplyDelete