Friday, October 5, 2012

Elena [Towanda, PA photographer]


"You have to meet him," she told me. "He's only 4 years old, and sometimes he likes to pretend like I'm his big sister - and that's okay, we love to play together." She squeezed through the foliage that led from her yard to the neighbors yard, looking for her little friend.

I think it's pretty safe to say that, Elena has a bigger personality than mine. In fact, I think her personality is bigger than my house.

When other kids are saving their money to get new toys & gadgets [if they can save their money at all], Elena is saving her money to feed people who are poor. She knows all about all of her neighbors and has adopted the lil 4 year old boy next door as her little brother, because "he needs someone to look after him sometimes." She even told her Mom that she plans to invite the homeless man under the bridge in Towanda to stay the night at their house, which was when Mom stepped in and said no.

She's giggly and loud and has big ideas about what she wants to do with her life and how she wants to impact this world. I have no doubt that one day, she's going to have a name as big as her personality - you simply won't be able to hold her down :)






Another lil guy that Elena has adopted as a little brother - Mr. Sidney! Yeah, he's getting wayy too big too fast!



And we had to end our evening with some photos with Elena's kitty-cat! The little girl definitely has a heart for things that don't have a home - she rescued a kitty which she has affectionately named: Giddy-Pie. I must say, he is the most well-behaved cat I have ever met in my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment