Sunday, October 24, 2010

happily ever after


Wow.

My, how time flies.

6 months ago today Derrick & I got married. How has it been that long ago already? It feels like it was just yesterday! Sheesh.

6 months of married life has been FABULOUS tho'! I wouldn't trade the last 6 months for anything! We started out married life, adventurously living in a camper parked next to Derrick's parent's house - and now we've upgraded & moved into our beautiful new house 2 weeks ago - that we love to death. We started out married life, without permanent jobs - and we're both about to start amazing new jobs (i was offered mine last week, and derrick's going to get his this week *believing*) working normal business hours, with weekends to ourselves!

We've learned a lot. Said a lot of "I'm sorry's" and "Will you forgive me's" and many many many more "I love you's" than can ever be counted.

They say, that the longer you are married, the more in love you fall. You always hear couples at their 50th wedding anniversary confessing how they love eachother more today than they did 50 years ago. I always used to wonder how this worked and wonder if it truly did, or was it something that everyone just said?

Well, I'm here to say that I love Derrick wayy more today than I did 6 months ago! He's amazing and has proven all the wonderful things I thought about him when we got married to be true.

Married life is fantastic and I love it!

Happy 6 months, Derrick. I love you!

2 comments: