Friday, March 11, 2011

My Personal DR


Dear Derrick,

Remember the day you pointed out to me that your initials were "DR" Abbey? And you proceeded to make some joke about being a doctor someday? And then you signed all of your emails to me for the next week as "Dr. Abbey"?

Well, I think you totally went above and beyond that title last night.
And I think I'll keep you as a husband forever and ever and ever.
[not that I have ever considered giving you away]

Because last night, when we had planned to go out to Olive Garden for dinner, you saw that I wasn't feeling too hot, so you quickly decided - hey let's just order some take-out. Because you knew I didn't feel up to cooking anything.

And then, you took me upstairs and gently tucked me into bed. You told me not to worry about anything, but to just take a nap.

I thought I was going to die. My throat was sore. My headache was getting crazy bad. I was freezing cold. I was trying to fall asleep but wasn't able to.

That's when you came up and laid down beside me. Anndd, cuddled with my poor sick self. I'm pretty sure I cried like a little baby because my head felt like it was going to explode.

You went and picked up my Wonton Soup which I just knew would make my throat feel all better. And while you were gone was the longest 10 minutes of my life.

Then, I couldn't even drink my soup because my migraine was making me so nauseous. You quickly went to get a bucket so I didn't barf all over you :)

Then, like the amazing husband you are, you got in the car and left again, this time to get me some medicine. Again - the longest 10 minutes of my life. But ohh, you are soo smart. You got me stuff that wasn't non-drowsy, so it would knock me right out. 

I sucked that down and then you laid with me until I fell asleep.

Did I marry the most amazing man ever or what? You're soo good to me.

Thank you.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment