Friday, January 4, 2008

52 Blessings

Navigating around photography blogs for photo tips one day last week.. I found a website that had a photographer's new years resolutions with suggestions for making your photography better.. one of the suggestions was to take at least one picture every day and then blog about it--every day.. i wasn't sure if i could keep up with this goal even though it sounded fun.. another suggestion was to post once a week for a total of 52 posts of something the blogger was thankful for.. in other words "52 blessings".. knowing that that was something i could keep up with i decided to go for it.. i know i can never be thankful enough for the enormous amount of blessings God has placed in my life..

so i'm not exactly sure how this is going to work out.. at the very least by the end of the year i should have 52 posts labed "52 blessings".. however.. if throughout the course of the year i want to post more? i'll probably end up with more than 52 total posts.. we'll see how things go..

so.. upon thinking about it.. i realized there was only one thing that coule possibly be in my first "blessing" post.. and that is my Bible.. and (as you can see in the picture) the orange journal i got from my grandma for Christmas..

see.. i have tons of unfilled journals that i have been given over the years.. but something about this one struck me (idk if it was the color.. the leather binding.. the way the pages were yellowed.. idk) and i decided to write in it.. so since December 25.. i have gotten into the habit of each night reading a few chapters from God's Word.. then picking out a verse or two that meant something to me and journaling about it.. along with journaling about my day and my life.. its been incredible to me how much MORE my Bible has grown to mean to me.. simply because i'm constantly looking for something to write about that applies to my life.. and.. the amount of pages i write each night is constantly growing.. the first few nights i would read and write for a total of about 30 minutes.. but the last time i read and wrote.. i looked up at the clock amazing to see that almost an hour had passed.. and i find myself looking forward to the time each night i spend in God's Word and writing about it..



the verse my Bible is open to is Deuteronmy 8:2.. which seems to have become my life verse.. "Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands."

No comments:

Post a Comment